The Power of a Purpose Rally
I remember in school everyone would meet in the gym for pep rallies. Bringing the whole school together to get pumped up about a big game created an electricity in that room. I would get caught up in the fever and start shouting and yelling and cheering. After they dismissed I would walk out thinking, “Hey, what just happened!? I don’t even like our football team!” LOL
If I could get energized by a rally whose cause I didn’t even really care about, then how much more should we get pumped up for a cause we do believe in? That’s why I like to think of this time of gathering for all our volunteers a PURPOSE RALLY! A special time when we energize each other. Paul said:
“Encourage each other and build each other up…” (1 Thessalonians 5:11, NLT)
I’ve discovered that all work and no play not only makes Jack a dull boy, it don’t do much for me either. When we go for long periods of serving in the trenches without coming up for air, two things happen:
- We get weary. Burnout is not caused by overwork. Burnout is caused when we’re under-passioned. People work the longest hours for the least pay with the greatest joy when they know that what they’re doing is making a difference.
- We get off track. The second thing that causes burnout is when we lose sight of our role in the whole. No man is an island and no single ministry of ORBC is independent of all the others. God created the church to function like a body. Each part needs all the others to be healthy and functioning. When we come together from all of the various ministries, it helps us to see how we fit together as a whole.
That’s why it’s so critical that we have times where we come together and synchronize our hearts and refresh our souls.
Sooo, if you serve in one of the weekly ministries of ORBC, then please, come out and be a part of the Volunteer Purpose Rally this Sunday afternoon at 4:30pm where you’ll:
- Get a sneak peek at the Field of DREAMS Campaign
- Get an update on our Expand the DREAM and the Seaford Campus
- Worship together with all of the volunteers
- Get recharged!
See you there!