The beauty of using social media as a church is that every member of our community is already empowered to spread the word naturally, online and offline, through our various networks of relationships. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other tools are merely making that task easier.
So our challenge is simple: Just be you. Just love people the way you already do, and as you do, share your faith.
Here are ten ways you can help ORBC build relationships and share the gospel.
- “Like” us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter, and Instagram.
- Click the sharing links on our COMPASS newsletter that we post to the ORBC Facebook page, message content, and various website pages, especially posts featuring our upcoming weekend series.
- “Check in” on Facebook every time you’re at ORBC, or an event we’re hosting.
- Click “like” on posts you see on Facebook by ORBC. That helps our content spread further to be seen by your friends.
- Re-tweet what ORBC posts on Twitter (@orbcsby).
- Take photos and videos at church and church-related events, then post them to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. and use the hashtag #orbcrocks so we can spot them!
- Post, as a tweet or Facebook status update, a short quote from a sermon, or a lyric from a song we’re singing, and put #orbcrocks in your post.
- Invite people to ORBC events using your social networks.
- Help us to follow you on social networks! Email us links to your social profiles and we’ll follow you!
- Write your faith story, or let us do a video interview with you, to share your faith with all kinds of people. Send to email@example.com.
Bonus: If you really, really, REALLY want to go the extra mile to help us spread the word on Facebook, you can cruise over to our main Facebook page, mouse over the “Liked” button and choose to “Get Notifications.” Every time we add an update to our page, you’ll get a Facebook notification (not an email) about it and you’ll be able to click on it, “Like” it, “Share” it, etc. Here’s a screenshot:
Special thanks to Pastor Brandon Cox for the meat of this post. http://brandonacox.com/